I made this a year ago for a friend back in Michigan who was having her second child. Since it was also her second girl, I didn’t want to go over-the-top with pink. Her house is already full of glittery princess stuff, and I think she’s probably over it.
I didn’t follow the pattern for the back, and instead pieced it with three “framed” fussy-cut squares.
The baby arrived a bit early, and I didn’t have a chance to add her name before quilting. My initials and the year are embroidered in light pink.
I didn’t pre-wash any of the fabric, which was a first for me, and it crinkled up nicely after washing (the other photos were taken before it was washed):
I quilted it with simple straight lines, approximately 3/4″ apart (very approximately, as I’m terrible at maintaining a straight line, even with a guide).
The only issue I had with the pattern is that, if you have directional fabrics, they all will face sideways when pieced the way the pattern instructs. It took me a while to figure it out, but the example quilt was not pieced according to the instructions. It didn’t bother me enough to change it, but I could see it being a big problem if you have a lot of directional prints.
As a follow up – she LOVED the quilt! And ended up buying more of the fabric in order to make other things for her daughters. And I used some of the leftovers to make this quilt!